The countryside is beginning to rise and shine again with a welcome back after a long winter. The hedgerows are slowly coming to life with the pretty snowdrops popping through on the banks, soon to be followed by primroses and the bluebells in the woods. The days are getting longer which means you have more time to enjoy some outdoor living and take the opportunity of huddling around the firepit in the evening with a hot chocolate and watching the sun go down.
Where can I find spring flowers during my stay?
Take a walk around our pretty country lanes in the Alkham Valley, and you’ll discover them tucked under the hedgerows and roadside banks. Further along, the Alkham Valley is Kearsney Abbey & Russell Gardens, where you can grab a coffee and a piece of cake and enjoy the spring flowers. The daffodils are showing their display of dazzling yellow, and it won’t be too long before the pretty primroses will appear.
How to pack for spring glamping?
As the old saying goes, “There’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing”. Here are some tips for the early spring weather.
- Plenty of warm layers
- Change of clothes
- Waterproof trousers and jackets
- Woolly hat & scarf
- Blankets/shawls to cosy up with around the fire pit.
Top tips for rainy day activities at Greenhill Glamping
- Board Games/pack of cards
- Listen to the radio
- Cosy around the wood stove with a good book
Getting off-site to explore the local Dover area
- Dover Museum & bronze age boat https://www.dovermuseum.co.uk
- Dover Castle https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/dover-castle
- Dover Leisure Centre https://www.doverdistrictleisurecentre.org
- The Scramble Experience at Battle of Britain Memorial https://www.battleofbritainmemorial.org
- Cinemas: Silver Screen Cinema and Cineworld, Dover.
A Little further afield:
- Turner Contemporary Gallery, Margate https://turnercontemporary.org
- The Oldest Brewery in the country, Shepherd Neame Brewery tours https://www.shepherdneame.co.uk/visitor-centre
- Canterbury Cathedral https://www.canterbury-cathedral.org
- Ashford Designer Outlet https://www.mcarthurglen.com/en/outlets/uk/designer-outlet-ashford